[Dextrose] [Sugar-devel] Pending patchs for Paint

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Oct 20 16:56:04 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 04:56:41PM +0100, Gary Martin wrote:
> 	http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/paint/repos/mainline
>
> I noticed that the activity.info file is still for version 27. As
> Paint-28 has been released I'd expect to mainline to at least be up to
> date with those commits. Maybe the rest of the source is current, and
> it's just the activity.info file change that was not pushed?

While it would be nice if every release of every activity has a matching
tag and sources in the respective repository, we've had situations where
that has not been desirable, such as when a version of Record was
released for a deployment via activities.sugarlabs.org but the changes
were not accepted into mainline because consensus had not been reached.

A release of an activity is not done using the master repository, it is
done using a local clone of the repository.  Therefore during testing
and diagnosis I've always presumed that the source code shipped in the
.xo file might be different to the tagged source in the master
repository.

I'm happy with the current situation, and it is a good learning
experience for people who might think that there is more rigour.

However, if this needs fixing, then whomever released Paint-28 might
merge their changes into the repository ... or if they are unavailable
to do this then one of us could take the Paint-28 sources from the .xo
and merge them.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/