[Dextrose] Need documentation written.

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Oct 17 18:29:48 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 19:02 +0100, Gary Martin wrote:
> > We could create 4 subpages of Dextrose with the screenshots of the
> > Backup and Restore functions:
> >
> > * Backup to USB
> > * Backup to XS
> > * Restore from USB
> > * Restore from XS

In the end, I decided to recycle the existing Backup and Restore feature
page, adapting the original description to the current implementation
and adding a slide show of screen captures to depict the user
experience:

 http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Backup_and_Restore#User_Experience

> Just to confuse you, Sascha has also written Backup and Restore
> activities (I'm tinkering with some updated icons for him) -
> you can find them on ASL. They are intended to work back to 0.82.
> I've only vaguely played with the activities so far, but the need
> some UI work to be more friendly/obvious. Just now they are pretty
> much a blank screen with a widget in the tool bar.

Cool. I'll give it a try. If these activities also support backups and
restores to the XS, we could use them to replace the current
functionality in Dextrose.

I have a few journals to test them with for scalability and robustness.
Sascha already has access to them.