[Dextrose] Dextrose patch management

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Oct 14 16:43:05 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 12:10 -0200, Andrés Ambrois wrote:
> Do you have sugar and sugar-datastore clones for Dextrose 2? I think the
> patches should apply cleanly to 0.88. Here are the commits that went in 0.90:

There's no git repository for the version of Sugar in Dextrose 2. It is
sugar-0.88 + patches applied by the spec file in the dextrose
repository.

Yes, it's rather low-tech, but works better than a git repository for
this particular use-case: a stack of patches that is being merged
upstream out-of-order.

There are ad-hoc tools to manage patch queues, but they're either
overcomplicated (like StGit) or just pointless wrappers around a
directory of patches (like Guilt).

At this time the queue is rather long, but 50% of the patches already
went in 0.90. With some work we could reduce the delta some more, but I
don't believe there's much value in aiming at 100%.