[Dextrose] [Patch] Journal sort by creation date

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Oct 13 16:25:09 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 13:57 -0200, Andrés Ambrois wrote:
> In any case, the sorting patches were much improved in mainline (we're using a
> "creation_time" property now), maybe it would be better to cherry pick those
> commits instead of forking the development of this feature? I don't know what
> the backport/bugfix policy for Dextrose is in these cases.

Is there an upgrade path from the old property to the new one? If not,
what would would happen when we restore a journal created by Dextrose 1
onto a newer release?

In case there are no compatibility issues, would you have time to
refresh the patch series for Dextrose 2? Alternatively, you could simply
point Steven at the list of patches that went in 0.90, so he can
backport them to 0.88. They might very well apply in pristine form.