[Dextrose] [Design]: SL Bug #2063 (Sugar should bring up an alert when an unhandled Python exception occurs)

Mukul Gupta mukul at seeta.in
Mon Oct 11 15:15:25 EDT 2010

Team,

I had a discussion with Aleksey this morning at IRC on the feedback
recommended yesterday. Thank you Daniel and Tomeu. Appreciate your ideas and
pointers.

We brainstormed on how the implementation of this functionality could be
done, and found that whenever any uncaught exception is raised, the
interpreter calls the sys.excepthook(type,value,traceback).

Wish to have the feedback on whether excepthook implementation would be
helpful to our use-case both short-term and long-term. Also, it would be
wonderful if feedback could be shared on its implementation in the context
of Sugar, or otherwise.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Mukul Gupta