[Dextrose] Modifying 353 (xo-1) to apply the dev.laptop.org/ticket/10195 fix

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon Nov 29 21:21:37 EST 2010

Quozl wrote:
>> A symptom that I frequently observe is that 'iwlist eth0 scan'
>> (as root) does not show the radio signals that other XO_1s do show.
>
>    Use scan-wifi in OpenFirmware in order to exclude the operating
>    system configuration from the problem.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  This gives me a 'starting point'.

To 'scan-wifi', the "bad" XO-1s return lines like this:

  RSSI:  0 SSID:              Channel 1
  RSSI:  0 SSID:              Channel 1
  RSSI: 41 SSID:              Channel 1

To 'scan-wifi', the "good" XO-1s return lines like this:

  RSSI:  0 SSID:              Channel 1
   ...            <more such lines than the "bad" XO-1s>
  RSSI:  0 SSID:              Channel 1
  RSSI: 85 SSID:  2WIRE241    Channel 11

Note that both the "bad" XO1-s and the "good" XO-1s __will__ connect via
the (non-adhoc) mesh interface -- to me that says the silicon is working
-- though I do not know if the AP radio signal in the "bad" XO-1s is too
attenuated (bad antenna connection?) to be detected.

Thanks again,  mikus