[Dextrose] Sugar updater.

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Sun Nov 28 03:50:31 EST 2010

Excerpts from Aleksey Lim's message of Thu Nov 18 19:21:36 +0100 2010:

> * if there is a need in rebooting, cron task sends a notification to
>   system bus
> * sugar shell is responsible to listen it and notify XO user

I think we can safely skip this part. Dextrose is targeted at XOs (does
it even boot on anything else?). I don't expect any real user to keep
their XO running 24/7.

If XO-1.75 production models will have such an improved battery life and
perfectly working suspend/resume that some users will keep their system
powered up (in suspend mode) all the time, we can still add it. In the
meantime we can concentrate our efforts on other things.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/