[Dextrose] [Sugar-devel] Sugar UI Dictator

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Sun Nov 21 12:54:31 EST 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 08:42:42AM -0500, Walter Bender wrote:
> But adding a bunch of developers to the design team will not help it
> accomplish its design goals.

It might not.  But it will a) help the lack of designers from impeding
development progress; and b) help do no harm to the HIG / design goals
already espoused (assuming the non-designer members keep an eye on
their limitations).

> And we need to stay focused on Sugar's core design principles.

Completely agree.

> One thing I do remember from your IRC discussion with Gary (I was on
> the edge of the conversation) is the need to bring the HIG up to
> date. While this may be considered tactical, I think it is
> strategic, in that sets the tone for all further actions.

I couldn't agree more - which is why I'm scared to touch the HIG,
since I know it's best left to designers with Sugar's core design
principles squarely in the fore.

> -walter

Martin