[Dextrose] Messages notification UI look and feel, request for help :)

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Nov 9 09:55:58 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 11:13 -0200, Esteban Bordon wrote:

>         Why not use the jabber server to deliver short messages to all
>         laptops?
>
> I don't know about it. I should read about...

I think we already implement a notification system based on jabber,
which is used to display invites. You can see them pop up as icons in
the top-right corner of the screen.

If I remember correctly, we only support displaying an icon, not text or
a clickable URL. This can probably be improved.

Since Tincho is also working on a notification system for local
messages, perhaps the two of you can "sit" together and come up with a
design that would satisfy both requirements?