[Dextrose] Messages notification UI look and feel, request for help :)

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 10:22:36 EST 2010

Hey Eben :)

I am currently working on a messages notification extensions for dextrose
(guess it will be hard to make it land on sugar main stream) but I was
wondering if you could give me a hand with the UI design (mock-ups)?

What we basically aim for is a simple message bubble (gnome-like) to display
messages like:

* Your battery is running out.
* Could not connect to GSM network.
* Journal is almost full.
* Datastore crashed unexpectedly.
* Automatic backup is running.
* Etc...

As you see, there are basically 2 types of messages (more or less)
Informative messages and Error messages. Also I will have to implement a
messages manager so the users can simply browse through the last events
(messages), and maybe add more extensions like action buttons, i,e:
send-bug-report button, disable APM, stop-backup(?!, just random examples).

Would be great if you could help me with some UI design ideas :)

Thanks,
Martin (tch) Abente