[Dextrose] Dextrose os300py on XO-1, speaker device not updating when using vol up/down keys

Gary C Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 29 21:34:02 EDT 2010

Hi Dextroseans,

Have just downloaded and installed os300py to an XO-1 here for testing. Other than what's listed on http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Dextrose I couldn't find a list of bugs already reported so apologies if this is a duplicate (I checked bugs.SL.org in both the Dextrose component and the keyword but only found one bug there using the keyword).

Bug: Pressing the volume up/down keys on the XO-1 keyboard does not update the state of the speaker frame device. The real output volume correctly changes using either the keyboard and/or the frame device (tested with TamTamMini).

Shall I trac this, and future reports? Personally, I usually loose track of email based items if I can't make use of them immediately. Just to confirm I understand the distinction between using the Dextrose component, or adding the keyword:

 - If I think a fix is needed in some other known Sugar component but is a current issue for Dextrose, then assign to the correct Sugar component and add the dextrose keyword.

- If I think a fix is needed in part of the Dextrose distro process, just use the Dextrose component and no keyword.

Regards,
--Gary