[Dextrose] Bug reports from a teacher

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Dec 20 10:37:01 EST 2010

We may want to file high-priority bugs in trac for these problems
reported by a Uruguayan math teacher:

----------8<-----------8<-----------8<-----------8<-----------8<----------
4  example yesterday i was trying the blue xo 1.5 laptop and noticed:

1. there is not calculator included in the gnome desktop

2. there are a pair of issues about sugar calculate activity:
a)  I think this is what you call a bug:
when you have a partial result of a calculation you see it on the right
panel and it shows comma for decimals (3,14)  but if you paste it using
the hand back into the calculator screen your number is not recognized
as such until you change the comma for a dot (3.14)
b) trying the plot I was disappointed to see that the image for 3x and
for nx was the same, it does not difference nor slope nor roots nor
f(0).

Besides there is no any other plotting tool included on the gnome
desktop.

I think most math teachers expect -when told about receiving computers
for classes- to find a dinamic geometry sw tool, a plotter, and a sci
calculator at least but none of them come with the new xo 1.5.

Though I agree that we should change the math curriculum and start
exploring new tools as turtle in our classes, I think that having the
tools teachers already desire is a good way for getting them involved
with using the xo in regular classes.

Perhaps you can do sthg about this issues, ( I think it is cits (ceibal
goverment) responsibility ) but thank you for your concern in any case.