[Dextrose] Dextrose activities updater with regular activities updater

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Sat Dec 11 05:20:51 EST 2010

Hi all,

If I got initial purposes for microformat updater, it is since ASLO
updater can update only to recent versions and only for already
installed versions. In other words, there is a need in updater for
distributor (dextrose) needs. To install bunch of activities (even
if they weren't installed) to particular QAed versions.

In that case a couple of questions to answer from deployment pov:

- I guess there is no need in replace one updater by another one,
  i.e., both updaters might be useful?
  - Would it be ok to have two icons in control panel for both updaters?
- Will be one ASLO collection, as a source for updates, enough?

--
Aleksey