[Dextrose] [DESIGN] Journal space warnings

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 14:23:03 EST 2010

Now that I have a working messages notification extension to sugar's current
notification system. I can follow the suggestions mentioned on trac [1].

One possible Idea:

1. Lets simply define a _PREEMPTIVE_SPACE_TRESHOLD (refering to
jarabe.journal.journalactivity)

where PREEMPTIVE_SPACE_TRESHOLD =  _SPACE_TRESHOLD*1.5 . This is just an
example, just replace it with your favourite formula.

2. When this PREEMPTIVE_SPACE_TRESHOLD is reached we can simply add a
message notification on every startup.

* Notification Icon appears [2].
* User reads the content [3].
* User can access information about the issue on the wiki [4].

3. If the user still don't remove unnecessary entries then it will reach
SPACE_TRESHOLD and the ModalAlert() will show up. We could also follow the
suggestions on [1] suppressing the modal window when the journal is active,
until enough space is available again.

Suggestions or Ideas?