[Dextrose] Dextrose release manager

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 14:01:55 EDT 2010

Hey all,

We are looking for a release manager for the new dextrose release
cycle.  Bernie did a great job on the first release, but sadly he has
left ParaguayEduca for a two month stay in Mozambique.

If at all possible, the position of release manger should be paid
staff member of a participating deployment.  I, and the Activity
Central developers, will do what we can to support each cycle's
release manager.  But in order to ensure that Dextrose remains a
deployment lead project, the leader should be from a deployment.

For full disclosure, it also makes my job of handling complaints much
easier.  'So, you are not happy with the direction of Dextrose. Hmmm,
if I recall we were looking for release managers a couple a months ago
and you said, "no I can't be bothered."' As a general rule there is a
strong inverse correlation between people who complain about a
collaborative development project and those that have taken their turn
at leading implementation.

david