[Dextrose] ip route in rc.sysinit

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Aug 11 07:45:34 EDT 2010

El Wed, 11-08-2010 a las 07:41 +1000, James Cameron escribió:
> I agree with Bernie.  I've used /etc/rc.local on previous builds to
> achieve the same result, though with NetworkManager disabled.
>
> You do not *need* the IP default route to be able to do as you suggest,
> so perhaps there is another need for it that you have not described.
>
> I have found that a small delay (or polling) is required between some of
> the commands; iwconfig, ifconfig, dhclient.  Without the delay the
> dhclient runs slower, because it has to retry.

I've been using this script to bring up my network when NetworkManager
is broken:

  http://people.sugarlabs.org/bernie/wlanup

DHCP always get the IP at the first try with iwlagn (Intel) and ath9k
(Atheros) cards. Overall, it's a lot faster than NetworkManager, which
makes me wonder where the extra time is being spent...