[Dextrose] [Marketing] Logotype for Dextrose

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Aug 6 17:40:37 EDT 2010

El Fri, 06-08-2010 a las 06:09 -0400, Walter Bender escribió:

> I don't feel very strongly about this, bit I think that (a) the
> redundancy helps... the average person is not going to make the
> connection between Dextrose and  Sugar on their own; (b) Christian's
> designs are beautiful; and (c) the combination lends consistency to
> the overall logo usage; and (4) this way, you need not introduce a 3rd
> element to the splash screen -- another design can of worms --  just
> replace the SL logo.

I agree on all points. I'll file a TM application to the board asap.

BTW, have you seen maltose from Steven Parrish? It's a development
version of Dextrose, but rebased on Fedora 14 (and hence on Sugar 0.90).
Something I also wanted to do one day, but lacked the time. Maltose will
hopefully reach stability by next year and become the basis for a
Dextrose-2 release led by deployments.