[Sugar-news] Sugar Digest 2010-02-28

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 20:30:33 EST 2010

===Sugar Digest===

1. Tomorrow (Monday, 1 March) is Triage Day for the next Sugar
release: Sucrose 0.88. We'll be meeting on irc.freenode.net channel
#sugar-meeting at 14UTC (9EST) to review the open tickets for the 0.88
milestone. We'll also look at tickets from previous milestones that
have remain open. The goal is to prioritize tickets based on their
severity and their impact on our learning mission; we will
subsequently allocate resources to the most important tickets; the
milestone on some tickets will be reassigned to 0.90.

There are many ways to contribute to the triage effort: feedback from
the field about priorities is especially important. Of course, we'd
also like to hear from you if you'll have time to help with coding.

Please join us.

2. Stefan Unterhauser (dogi) has set up http://idea.sugarlabs.org as a
place to capture ideas and discussions.

===In the community===

3. Deborah Nicholson of the Free Software Foundation asked me to pass
along an announcement about LibrePlanet, a "free as in freedom"
software conference. You can register at
http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/LibrePlanet2010.

-walter

--
Walter Bender