No subject

Sat Mar 14 20:08:29 EDT 2009

Patrick=97Ohnewein=97and Bernie Innocenti at the TIS Innovation Park. We
met with Prof. Alessandro Efrem Colombi and some of his colleagues and
students from the Free University of Bozen - Bolzano faculty of
education. We had an animated discussion about how to advance the
engagement of teachers in constructionist thinking as facilitated by
Sugar. He and his students seem ready to engage from both a
pedagogical and technological perspective.

Back in Boston, I met with Seth Weinberger. His foundation
(http://www.innovationsforlearning.org) makes the TeacherMate, a small
hand-held device with embedded Gnash applications running in it. He
and his team have developed some nice reading and math activities that
could be readily ported to Sugar in the form of Gnash desktop
activities, as per the discussion about bundles
(http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2009-April/013631.html)
being led by Wade Brainerd on the sugar-devel list.

=3D=3D=3DIn the community=3D=3D=3D

3. Looks like Sugar Labs be joining OLPC France at a "Sugar Camp" in
Paris on the weekend of 16 May. Details forthcoming.

=3D=3D=3DTech Talk=3D=3D=3D

4. Luke Macken has added support in the Fedora liveusb-creator
(https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator/) for automatically
downloading various Fedora releases, as well as Sugar on a Stick!

=3D=3D=3DSugar Labs =3D=3D=3D

5. Gary Martin has generated a SOM from the past week of discussion on
the IAEP mailing list (Please see
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Image:2009-Mar-28-Apr-3-som.jpg)

--=20
Walter Bender