[ASLO] ASLO build and deployment process

Jatin Dhankhar dhankhar.jatin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 07:27:58 EDT 2017

Hi,

I have few questions about how ASLO is actually build and deployed in
production. Build process is carried out by using Fabfile, I tried using
 it and was not successful in building the sphinx ( since version used is
0.9.9.rc2 and current series is 2.x).
Relevant pull request and issue
PR -> https://github.com/sugarlabs/aslo/pull/2
Issue -> https://github.com/sugarlabs/aslo/issues/1

I am using Arch Linux and have installed all the necessary dependencies for
development including mysql and postgres development libraries along with
common development libraries. If anyone can point on how to successfully
build the project that would help a lot.
Some thread points out upgrading to new version of Sphinx but I wanted to
mirror the current instance.
Also project mentions something about Remora
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Update:Remora and wiki says it's no longer
maintained.
It quotes

> Remora is no longer maintained. See AMO:Developers
> <https://wiki.mozilla.org/AMO:Developers>.

Also wanted to know more about how ASLO is deployed in production. What
techniques are used ? What are the pain points that need to be addressed
and tips on how to get started with it. If anyone is familiar with ASLO or
a long time maintainer, can they point out on how to reproduce a successful
build of ASLO (a documentation on how to run would be awesome)

Thanks,
Jatin Dhankhar