[ASLO] [Sugar-devel] Activities added to GithHub

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sun Apr 23 23:30:33 EDT 2017

On Apr 23, 2017 11:21 PM, "Tony Anderson" <tony at olenepal.org> wrote:

Hi James, Walter

I reviewed the 71 activities for which I created a repository in
github/sugarlabs

Thank you Tony!

Unless I hear to the contrary, I'll delete these duplicates.

Sounds good to me

My understanding from the community is that activity repositoies on
git.sugarlabs.org should be considered the 'master' copy and ported to
github,

Yes, my understanding too - and after porting to github.com/sugarlabs then
that is the master copy

James has raised the point that adding some 600 repositories to
github/sugarlabs makes reviewing the repositories more difficult. I would
advocate
Ignacio's idea that we have a github/sugaractivitiies which would leave the
sugarlabs repositories for Sugar.

I disagree, I think a regular repo naming pattern and github search can
mitigate this reviewing concern, and using 2 orgs makes **searching** all
of the sugar codebase more difficult, which I think matters

In the meantime, I plan to do nothing more on this project until there is a
clear direction from the community on how it is to be done.

My goal is to get repositories on github corresponding to each activity in
ASLO so that we can eliminate the 'developer web',

I think it's a great goal!!