[ASLO] [REQUEST] Tank Operation-1

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 10:23:21 EDT 2014

Our policy is documented here [1]; but from ASLO we have links to [2]
and [3], which are not the same and do not mention violence as a
criteria.

Regarding your comment about Tuxmath, I am not thrilled by it. But it
is in high demand by teachers. It has been on my to-do list to replace
it.

regards.

-walter

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activity_Library/Editors/Policy
[2] http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/developers/docs/policies/submission
[3] http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/developers/docs/policies/reviews

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 7:21 AM, Lionel Laské <lionel at olpc-france.org> wrote:

> Oooch, what a bad news! I wrote Sugar activities from years and didn't
> suspect there was some restrictions. Is there a place where these conditions
> are described?
>
> BTW let me play advocate for this game:
> - The game is a web port of the Tuxmath activity that is already in the
> Sugar Store [1]. The difference is that Tuxmath use space invaders theme
> instead of military. Killing Alien is better ?
> - The naive design of units is inspired by the Gameboy game Advance War [1]
> that is really a game for children
> - I'm not a designer, I choose this theme because I've found some nice free
> arts on this here [3]. I've not at all knowledge or budget to redesign the
> content.
>
> Best regards from France.
>
>                 Lionel.
>
> [1] http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en/sugar/addon/4271
> [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_Wars
> [3] http://www.vickiwenderlich.com/2012/03/free-game-art-tank-wars/

>> A Sugar Labs Activities Editor requested further information from you
>> regarding version 1 of your activity Tank Operation.
>>
>> Walter Bender wrote:
>>
>> "We don't accept activities with militaristic themes regardless of their
>> relevance to mathematics. Could you refactor the game to use a metaphor
>> other than tanks? Thx"
>>

>> Please reply to this e-mail or join #sugar on chat.freenode.net.
>>
>> Sugar Labs Activities
>> http://activities.sugarlabs.org

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs