[ASLO] [SANDBOX] Cells-3

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 07:24:11 EDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 4:34 AM, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn <
alanjas at hotmail.com> wrote:

> By parts :-)
>
> >How about a Sugarized icon?
> Ready.

thx.

> >Also, it doesn't exit cleanly (a problem with lots of pygame
> activities... I think you need to quit pygame before quitting the activity.
> What means "exit cleanly" ?  All Pygame activities works in the same way
> with sugargames: never use pygame.quit

Not sure what is going on with pygames of late, but it seems that many
sugar activities that use it are not exiting properly. I tried subclassing
the activity Stop Button to call pygame.display.quit() and pygame.quit()
before calling self.close() and it seems to help.

> >I have no idea how to play the game
> Maybe add a help button with basic info?

Or at least a page in the wiki?

regards.

-walter

> > To: aslo at lists.sugarlabs.org
> > Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 00:13:24 -0400
> > From: activities at sugarlabs.org
> > Subject: [ASLO] [SANDBOX] Cells-3
>

> > Your nominated activity, Cells, has been reviewed by a Sugar Labs
> Activities editor who decided to retain it in the sandbox.
> >
> > Review Information:
> > Reviewer: Walter Bender
> > Comments: How about a Sugarized icon? Also, it doesn't exit cleanly (a
> problem with lots of pygame activities... I think you need to quit pygame
> before quitting the activity. Plus, I have no idea how to play the game,
> despite reading the help.
> >
> > If you have questions about this review, please answer to this e-mail or
> join #sugar on chat.freenode.net.
> >
> > Sugar Labs Activities
> > http://activities.sugarlabs.org

Walter Bender