[ASLO] [Sugar-devel] SugarGame problem

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Thu May 24 17:04:41 EDT 2012

Hi Alan,

2012/5/22 Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn <alanjas at hotmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> In CodeSprint (in EduJAM 2012) discussed the problem of someone events
> SugarGame / OlpcGames.
> Just now I realize that all activities that use are not responding SugarGame
> to keyboard events!
> The only events I get are the type: 4 (MouseMotion)
> I think the only place that recognizes the events is in the activity bar.
>
> What is happening? And since when is that?

As the new co-maintainer of sugargame, I just updated the test
activity inside the repository, and extended it so you can change the
direction of the bouncing ball with left and right keys.  If you pull
the changes you can test if works for you.  No change in sugargame was
needed.

Maybe your activities are missing the call to grab_focus() in the
canvas?  That was the only change needed in TestActivity.py, look at
it here:

http://git.sugarlabs.org/sugargame/mainline/commit/8254afb5ed18706ffb90210747c6beac4d9cf98e?diffmode=inline

Cheers,

--