[ASLO] ASLO updates for Olpc-Sur

S. Daniel Francis francis at sugarlabs.org
Thu Jul 26 11:31:32 EDT 2012

Hi,
I'm administrator at the Sur mailing list[1], we usually receive ASLO
updates, similarly than Sugar-devel but in Spanish. I write, because
the updates have parts in Spanish and parts in English.
Example of a mail to Sur (English text between #)

Página web de la actividad:
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/addon/4434

#Sugar Platform#:
0.84 - 0.96

Descargar ahora:
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/downloads/file/28172/turtlebots-14.xo

Notas de la versión:
#- Fix two equal sensors in contigous port
- Refresh the palette when battery changes too
- Update translation
- Fix chotox code
- Simplify battery colors: grey, orange and red
- Fix locale problem when use in Gnome
- Fix colored blocks at start#

First I supposed it was because the activities weren't translated at
the ASLO Web Platform, but I updated Graph Plotter with a new
Spanish-translated name and release notes correctly translated but the
message for Sur has that fields in English, the way to solve it is
changing the default locale to ES in the ASLO activity configuration,
but with that settings, the activity name and release notes are in
Spanish also for Sugar-devel and ASLO mailing lists (I had previous
experience with Terrones Weeper which appears as Busca Terrones at
English mailing lists).

That generated in me the following questions:
 -Is possible to configure ASLO to send only-Spanish mails to Sur and
only-English mails for ASLO and Sugar-devel?

-Could the ASLO Web Platform load the translated names automatically?
I received DA translations from the pootle deamon and I had to copy
the activity name in Danish for the ASLO Platform, when ASLO always
reads the updated activity file...

-Is there a way to send the activity description and release notes to
the pootle-translation team?

Thanks and regards,
Daniel Francis.