[ASLO] SugarGame problem

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 10 18:49:28 EDT 2012

On 10 Apr 2012, at 20:25, Rafael Ortiz wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn <alanjas at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Why you want to change olpcgames for sugargames ?
>
> Because in all places says: OlpcGames is no longer mainteined..
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/sugargame
>

> Ah, I thought that there was a technical reason for it, you can say olpcgames is officially un-maintained but in practice it is due to its a core part of Maze code, so some of us have been doing changes and updates to it, even more I don't find great differences between sugargames or olpcgames.

FWIW I plan to move Physics from oplcgames over to sugargames. There are certainly some UI threading issues I've bumped into regarding olpcgames dual thread approach (and possibly a crash or two). Pretty sure the sugargames design avoids these issues. I think olpcgames was originally designed to support minimal code change from any existing pygame code, but we didn't actually ended up wrapping & shipping any pygames that I can think of. Sugargames was designed to be simpler/cleaner than the original approach.

Regards,
--Gary