[ASLO] [REQUEST] FollowMe-2

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Sun Nov 28 22:18:16 EST 2010

(I'm CCing the author of another FollowMe activity)

Hi Peter,

There is another activity named FollowMe :)
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4368

But there is one problem. Being installed, both activities will go to
~/Activities/FollowMe.activity directory. Thus, one activity will
override (silently, which is actually a bug in sugar) another one.

I hope your guys will manage to come to an agreement, what name both
activities will have (name parameter in activity.info file) :)
Just ping me to let me know what activity I should rename.

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 02:09:14AM +0000, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Ok. I will think another name.. But this is the perfect name!
> This activity controls the Butia Robot... See it:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t035p_n913M or
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10SsAsCuB6o
>
> The another activitity, why is FollowMe??
>
> Yes.. I will fix the string "/home/olpc..." in SUGAR_BUNDLE_PATH/....
>
> How this activity leave the "experimental state" and it converts in "recomended"... You make it?
>
> Thak's
>
> Alan
>
> PD: Sorry for my english.. I'm only use english when I programming... And it is: IF.. FOR.. FUNCTION...
>

> > To: alanjas at hotmail.com
> > Subject: [REQUEST] FollowMe-2
> > Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 03:03:00 -0500
> > From: activities at sugarlabs.org
> > CC: aslo at lists.sugarlabs.org
> >
> > A Sugar Labs Activities Editor requested further information from you regarding version 2 of your activity FollowMe.
> >
> > Aleksey Lim wrote:
> >
> > "There is already another activity with name "Follow Me" http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4354. So, after installing second activity, previous one will be deleted (directory names are the same). Is there any chances to rename activity?
> >
> > Also activity-followme script has hardcoded path to activity home (/home/olpc/Activities/FollowMe.activity/scriptlua.sh), just use SUGAR_BUNDLE_PATH environment variable.."
> >

> > Please reply to this e-mail or join #sugar on chat.freenode.net.
> >
> > Sugar Labs Activities
> > http://activities.sugarlabs.org

Aleksey