[ASLO] [REQUEST] Tuxmath-1

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Tue Jan 26 09:01:46 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:22:12AM -0200, Marcos Orfila wrote:
> Dear Aleksey,
>
> I have uploaded a new version with x86_64 binaries. I also managed to avoid
> the use of "libdrm.so", so now that library is not included.

Still no luck :(

    $ ldd x86_64/lib/*so | grep "not found"
    libesd.so.0 => not found
    libpulse-simple.so.0 => not found
    libpulse.so.0 => not found
    libaudio.so.2 => not found
    libdirectfb-1.2.so.0 => not found
    libfusion-1.2.so.0 => not found
    libdirect-1.2.so.0 => not found
    libaa.so.1 => not found
    libcaca.so.0 => not found

    $ ldd x86_64/bin/tuxmath | grep "not found"
    libSDL_Pango.so.1 => not found

none of these libraries are in Sugar Platform, you can build SDL
w/o several optional dependencies to make this list shorter

Also I mentioned that you bundled so.* files, zip doesn't understand
symlinks and added them as regular files thus you have 3 files for the
same library, you can symlink them on first startup(keep in mind that
under Rainbow you have only one place to write files
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Low-level_Activity_API#Writable_Directories)

So, binary activities is PIA, btw tuxmath is well packaged and users can
install it from native packages.

> Regards,
>
>     Marcos
>

> 2010/1/22 Sugar Labs Activities <activities at sugarlabs.org>
>
> > A Sugar Labs Activities Editor requested further information from you
> > regarding version 1 of your activity Tuxmath.
> >
> > Aleksey Lim wrote:
> >
> > "Bundle contains only x86 binaries, all activities on ASLO support also
> > x86_64, please bundle x86_64 binaries.
> >
> > Also activity packaged libdrm.so, not sure but looks like it's a bit
> > overkill for activity keeping in mind variety of possible environments(and
> > Xorg versions) that activity users can have(since .compatibility range of
> > your activity is 0.82-0.86)."
> >

> > Please reply to this e-mail or join #sugar on chat.freenode.net.
> >
> > Sugar Labs Activities
> > http://activities.sugarlabs.org

Aleksey