[ASLO] [REQUEST] TimeLapse-2

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Wed Jan 20 05:44:48 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 01:23:38AM -0500, Peter Hufford wrote:
> I changed compatibility to 0.82 only.
>
> I have experienced the problem you described. When I experienced that
> problem I thought it was caused by an unsupported webcam and microphone. I
> found that Record and Measure activities did not work for me either because
> of this. I am curious whether they work for you, but I'm guessing you know a
> lot more about gstreamer and gstreamer comparability than I do.

in my case if was regular v4l2 device and command like

    gst-launch v4l2src ! ffmpegcolorspace ! output-selector ! autovideosink

works fine for me, so looks like its not hardware(camera) related issue.
It could be gst misusing issue. You can check your activity with recent gst
stack e.g. booting from soas[1] on regular box.

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick

--
Aleksey