[ASLO] [REQUEST] Etoys-113

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Tue Dec 1 15:29:22 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 09:08:10PM +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 01.12.2009, at 21:05, Aleksey Lim wrote:

> >> Except neither 0.82 nor 0.84 pay attention to a.sl.o. Only 0.86 does - that's when the new updater was introduced, right?
> >
> > but user can install activity manually from ASLO
>
> And ASLO hides versions based on the browser's user-agent? Is this documented anywhere?

it was mentioned in [ASLO] announce email

> We should move this conversation to sugar-devel ...

the full picture is, there are two methods to install activity from ASLO:

* ASLO updater which was introduced in 0.86,
  it checks all locally installed activities for updates on ASLO
  by passing bundle_id and sugar version(so ASLO, using activities SP
  range, returns last versions for proper SP)

* any user can manually install activity version
  * all fast "Download" buttons let user download proper(to his SP,
    assuming what activity developer filled to SP range for particular
    version) activity version(ASLO calculates SP version from useragent string)
  * user can download any version from activity history page
    (page has relevant warning)

--
Aleksey